6.5.10

WERK

Photobucket

Mix of graphics I'm working on right now at Rocawear Men's... don't be scured!


+ Also below is the translation of the interview I had in French Public magazine (here) I know a few of your asked for :):

>>> Who are you writer of fade to Black?
My name is Gemma and I'm a designer for Rocawear men's. I'm originally from England where I studied fashion design and I after graduating I got offered a job in New York so here I am.
 
>>> How did the idea of the blog came to you?

Well I work in menswear as my full time job but my passion really lies in womenswear so I thought of my blog as an outlet for my womenswear that I really wanted to get out there!

>>> How would you describe your style?
My style... since I've been asked this question so much lately I actually have been trying to figure it out and I think I got it....
I would say it's a mix between rock/hippie chic... because I am actually obsessed with both genres.... I am in love with boho chic jewelry and slouchy hippie silhouettes but at the same time I love to wear black leather, thick eyeliner and mess around with different lipstick shades so lets just say hippierockchic for now...haha

>>> Have you met other fashion bloggers? French ones?

I have met a lot of fashion bloggers but unfortunately not any french, which is a shame because a lot of my favourite bloggers are either French or Scandinavian so they are so far away...  I also find that most of my favorite american bloggers are in LA... what's up with that?
 
>>> Do you do something else in life?
Other than my day job I also make clutches and sell them through my blog... which is cool. I love making things.
 
>>> What is the fashion capital for you? New York? Paris? London?
They are all incredible but I have to say (without being biased) London (maybe a bit biased). I love the grittyness and also I find London street fashion to be "unexpected".... every time I go home for a visit the style never fails to impress me.
 
>>> Any advice to give to get your stylish attitude?

Be comfortable with yourself and just have fun rrraagghhhhh!!! haha

26 comments:

Domonique Wilson said...

Fun little interview and wow in love with colours used in the graphics!

x

Victoriaa said...

im desperate to be in fashion when i leave school, and its my dream to live in new york! you're living my dream to be honest!

but i was wondering...where did you study fashion design? trying to figure out my uni choices :)

Mila said...

Great interview!!
:*

Marie a la Mode said...

Cute interview!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful interview!!

Camilla said...

I will definatly be taking your 'how to achieve your style' advice.
Rawr.
and I didn't know you worked in menswear? Lucky men who get to wear your clothes.
stop by soon!


(and i loved your last post)

INTOTHEFOLDFASHION.BLOGSPOT.COM

Sarah Mikaela said...

Great interview and fantastic clouds and light you have in the background of your graphic.

Kærligst,
Mikaela

http://framboisefashion.blogspot.com
http://framboisefashion.blogspot.com
http://framboisefashion.blogspot.com

fashion clocked said...

cool images and great interview! Thanks for sharing- I didn't expect for you to work for rocawear! Random company but very cool... (my job is random too) Great about london such a mix up of styles- will you return some day?
would be great if you could visit.
fashion clocked
Katiexx

fashion clocked said...

cool images and great interview! Thanks for sharing- I didn't expect for you to work for rocawear! Random company but very cool... (my job is random too) Great about london such a mix up of styles- will you return some day?
would be great if you could visit.
fashion clocked
Katiexx

Anonymous said...

Interesting interview.

Just curious, what college did you attend for fashion design? Was it central saint martin's?

Unknown said...

Thats so rad, i love it!
panda xx

Zoe_Deluge said...

hehe I enjoyed reading your interview,

and its awesome that you like LA fashion bloggers, you should just move here!

INKEDDOT said...

I like that

The Sound of Lace said...

great graphics....the op triangles remind me of pink floyd!

thesoundoflace.blogspot.com

6roove said...

great to know something more about you! :)

thehautepursuit said...

i ain't scurrrreddddd. love it. this is awesome.
xx
V

fay said...

I had no Idea you were working in Menswear, thats what im emphasizing in right now in SanFran!
nice interview, Got to know you a little bit more!
where do you study Fashion?
Love your style lady!

Lori said...

ha cant wait to see the how the graphics turned out.

added you on my blogroll, your style is amazing ;)

Gilbert Ganda said...

thats so cool interview!
and I really love the graphic mixing! I love how the colour changesss! :D

xx
.have a nice weekends.

Bijou's Style said...

^ haha I 2nd that!

xx

www.bijousstyle.com

miss a said...

I like it!!
Wanna exchange link with me??
Mail me: icecreamyworld@gmail.com

Xoxo,
Creamy
Ice Creamy World

miss a said...

I like it!!
Wanna exchange link with me??
Mail me: icecreamyworld@gmail.com

Xoxo,
Creamy
Ice Creamy World

Anonymous said...

love the graphic! pretty psychedelic!
xxx

Maddie said...

really interesting interview and love your graphics! I'd describe your style as kinda futuristic-bohemian-grunge

Anonymous said...

loved the interview girl!

Unknown said...

amazing graphics! love it.
x